Have a plan B on your wedding (Why it matters)
As a wedding planner, I always want a plan B for my couples’ weddings. It is always better to prevent a disaster than cure it.
You must be wondering what I am talking about. As a wedding planner based in Italy, why should I want a plan B? I know, you have this crazy idea that Italy is always flooded with sunshine but I can assure you that it isn’t. We have seasons and depending on where you have your wedding the country changes a lot. Remember that we go from the northern mountains all the way to Sicily which is only miles away from the African coast. So yes, we get season’s, we get rain, snow, wind, sun and tremendous heat.
A plan B on your wedding day is fundamental
The reason why I am writing about this today is that this year, we have had the worst month of May since I have lived in Italy. It is windy, cold and rainy.
OK, I didn’t really want to talk about the weather but the wedding season has started and everyone is worried about their weddings.
Most couples start organizing their weddings about 12 months prior to the event and no one will know how the weather will be. It may be cold, rainy, windy, or very hot.
So try to imagine the morning of your wedding with any kind of extreme weather forecast and not being able to find a marquee because the company has rented them all out or the cost is very high because it is a last minute call or it is Sunday and the company is closed or the size doesn’t match with your guest number. You don’t want your guests to feel unhappy or get sick, the memory of your wedding will end up being the worst one.
This is one of the reason’s why I always try to find venues with multiple solutions. But it isn’t always easy as couples fall in love with venues for a variety of reasons and they don’t think of these details. The venue might have small internal rooms and no big one for a large number of guests, or they might not have any internal space at all.
Reasons for a plan B on your wedding day
- Think about your happiness. You don’t want to get a sunburn or faint for the heat nor get soaking wet
- Your guests need to be happy, not too cold nor too hot. It might be hard to get last minute blankets in the middle of the summer.
- Any extreme weather will make it difficult for the catering and the service to be ideal. You cannot eat under the rain nor do you want sweaty waiter.
- You don’t want your wedding gown and shoes full of wet mud
How to search your plan B when you visit a venue
Once you know the number of guests you will have on your wedding day, you will manage to find the perfect venue.
- Look at the internal rooms and ask how many guests can be seated.
- Ask if they have a dedicated area for the ceremony
- Get information about marquees, some venues might have contacts and special prices
- Ask many questions about who will set-up your decors, flowers, tables and chairs
- Will there be space for the dance floor
- Think about the stairs. If you have disabled guests or older aged guests they might have problems with stairs in case there are no lifts
A good wedding planner will always have a plan B ready
When you have a wedding planner, she/he will always be ready for any last minute changes in case of a bad weather forecast. They will shift your wedding around as necessary.
the planner will talk to all the vendors in case of a last minute change of plan. From the floral designers, the photographer, the light designer, the DJ and whoever is involved on that day will make sure that your wedding turns out beautifully despite the weather.
If you have enquiries feel free to contact us